00 Z71 Gauge issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 00 Silverado 5.3L,ive been trying to track down this electrical issue for a while now.It all started when I engaged the cruise control,Then gauges went crazy and the truck blew the ecm fuse.So far I replaced the BCM,ign switch(might replace it again I think I got a faulty one)and tried multiple clusters from working trucks,Went over all the grounds that I know of 2 under the dash,the ones behind each cylinder head the one on the block,under the driver side door,And the one by the fuel filler also the one in the front by the window washer fluid.The battery light, security light,service 4wd,air bag light,abs lights are all on.no fuel and no temp gauges or the gear indicator also noticed the hi beam indicator doesn't work.Please im open to any suggestions.Also It will not recognize my scanner.
The gear indicator works fine until I put the truck in start position.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Switch could be an issue if its staying powered up like as if its still cranking when it's in the run position.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I took off both pcm connectors,One wasn't really sitting right and so far everything is working keeping my fingers crossed,Hope this helps people that have similar problmes if any one has any similar problems please pm me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530