“Lag”?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A leaking injector would put fuel inside the engine. The vapors would have to get past the closed throttle body and air filter on one end, or past the cylinder valves and exhaust system on the other end.

No, you probably would not smell fuel.

tooturntdad

Reaction score
Alright so I replaced my EGR valve a few days ago and the same code popped back up. So im wondering if this narrows down to a fuel issue maybe? like perhaps my fuel to air ratio is off due to potential bad FPR or clogged filter? i also have a short circuit for both o2 so perhaps maybe im running rich?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You really need a scanner with live data to diagnose this properly...I would be looking at fuel trims when it bogs down.

If it's running out of fuel (low fuel pressure issue) the fuel trims would be positive when it bogs down. Basically, the computer is trying to compensate by adding more fuel, until there's no more fuel provided and engine RPM drops under load.

If the there's an issue with the FPR or injector and dumping too much fuel, the ECU would try to compensate by cutting fuel. Fuel trims would be negative. Again, causing similar issues by bogging down.

Either of these cases I'm pretty sure would give you a check engine code: too lean bank 1, too lean bank 2, too rich bank 1, etc. I'm not sure why you are not getting a code. But monitoring the fuel trims gives a really good understanding of what's going on, without even opening the hood. You can even almost certainly rule out vacuum leaks by looking at fuel trims and revving the engine.

Do you have a mechanic you can trust? Maybe take it for a diagnosis only. I can't image that being too much cost. Then you can replace whatever is bad yourself if you are up for it. Just a thought.