What is this called and where can I get one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connector C407 where the pigtail from the fuel pump and sending unit plug into the connector at the frame near the gas tank has a metal part on it that I'm missing. You can see it in the picture. It uses the ground screw to keep the connector on top of the frame rail. Is there a part number for this metal piece that attaches to the connector? What's it called so I can look for one?

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof, good luck finding one. If that were me I’d be fabricating it. Or I’d rob one from a treasure yard.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ford (uggh) Motorcraft has a catalogue of pigtails, Auveco makes all that hard to find automotive hardware.
Those 2 are my go to

Mods, if you can tell me where to upload to I have the Ford Catalogue

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Attaches at a ground screw but does not get a ground there. Clean and tighten the ground screw area. Use a large zip tie to hold down the connector or as @fancyTBI said, fabricate one. Search at a salvage yard and bring your coveralls because you are gonna get dirty.

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, the metal piece that attaches to the connector is what I need, not the connector or wires. Some of the responses indicate this and some don't.

@movietvet I'm not sure what you mean when you say "does not get a ground there" as the ground wire from the sending unit/fuel pump is grounded at this screw.

I have the screw and everything is attached and the ground works fine as does the connector. I just want it back the way it was. It isn't a matter of need or function, it is a matter of want and correctness. I replaced this wiring recently as seen in this thread.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just to be clear, the metal piece that attaches to the connector is what I need, not the connector or wires. Some of the responses indicate this and some don't.

@movietvet I'm not sure what you mean when you say "does not get a ground there" as the ground wire from the sending unit/fuel pump is grounded at this screw.

I have the screw and everything is attached and the ground works fine as does the connector. I just want it back the way it was. It isn't a matter of need or function, it is a matter of want and correctness. I replaced this wiring recently as seen in this thread.
I understood what you are saying. I am saying the metal tab has nothing to do with the actual ground effect of the rest of it. It is just a tab that attaches at a grounding screw. I was saying the "holding in place" could be achieved with a zip tie. If you want to search for the metal tab itself, great. It is as it was designed and I get that you want it "right".