The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do I pull that whole lower trim too, Id like to repaint it.
I was able to get the ash tray out, it was stuck with dirt and grime from 29 years lol. After they ash tray I pressed on the sides (like the glove box) yet it did not come off, did I miss something? Youtube only showed for the two piece versions for some reason

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello folks, just found this rear mat. It still needs another round of cleaning, but any suggestions for getting the color back?

Attachments

• 20240507_171203.jpg
    20240507_171203.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 9

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, just found this rear mat. It still needs another round of cleaning, but any suggestions for getting the color back?
I’ve heard excellent things about Solution Finish. (It’s on my list of detailing products to get and try) I like to use aerospace 303 on interior plastics. I wouldn’t use it on pedals or front matts though because it’s a tiny bit slick. But not nasty like armor all.

kf4zht

Reaction score
Does anyone know the distance from the floor to the gas tank on a suburban? Looking to install some L track rails and want to make sure there is room for screws/bolts.

HoffmansHaven

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get any parts for the overhead console? I have a 1997 K1500. It has the plain console with just the garage door holder and sunglasses thing. Those are both broken. I see complete consoles on evil bay but I only need those two doors or holders whatever you call them. I was going to go check out another junk yard this weekend but I was hoping to find someone who had those parts I could just buy. Thank you.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You can get them from 98-05 S10 trucks and Blazers too. In fact, lots of 95+ GMT400 parts are usable with the 98-05 mini trucks. Door switches for instance - the front door window/lock switch modules on both sides are directly compatible between the two sets of vehicles. Overhead console parts are as well. 97 Blazer mirror switch also swaps into our trucks. 98+ S-Series Vortec engine parts? I've swapped my ignition module and coil between my 97 K1500 and my 03 Blazer a couple times lol.

HoffmansHaven

Reaction score
You can get them from 98-05 S10 trucks and Blazers too. In fact, lots of 95+ GMT400 parts are usable with the 98-05 mini trucks. Door switches for instance - the front door window/lock switch modules on both sides are directly compatible between the two sets of vehicles. Overhead console parts are as well. 97 Blazer mirror switch also swaps into our trucks. 98+ S-Series Vortec engine parts? I've swapped my ignition module and coil between my 97 K1500 and my 03 Blazer a couple times lol.
Cool good to know. I am going to try and hit another pick-a-part this weekend. There's another fairly close to me that I didn't know about. Still looking for interior parts so I can finish it. Thank you.

Ando069

Reaction score
I have the 98 doors on the 88... the door panel fits and the clips lineup. but what is the advice here?... do I change out the inner door "metal" to the 88... to get my switches and door handle to mount correctly?
my questions are:
1. Will I need to change the rod length for interior door handle to the latch?
2. Will I have issues using the older inner metal on the newer door?
3. electrical i can "handle" from reading other threads not easy but doable.
4. if i get the 88-94 door card.. will the window motors just bolt up?

here is the pic (the door panel is light grey looks beige for some reason)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: