TBI / ECM tuning options. Chip / Burn / etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Rbob has no plans of doing EBL for the '7427. there was talk of it about 10 years ago, but it seems there is less and less interest for TBI. i don't think the juice is worth the squeeze to run EBL in tandem with a '7427. There are spreadsheets to automatically make VE tables if your wanting a self learn mode. also, you're going to need all the chip burning stuff if you want to change transmission.
Agreed on many points.
I had "self learn" in quotations as it self populates the spread sheet/table, very similar to the method you need to tune either way.

At least for my purpose/application, I dont have the need or want to change any of the stock trans functions. shift points..etc.
so , right now, ebl seems a bit easier. Sadly the cost for either option is high, as im up here in Canada.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rbob has no plans of doing EBL for the '7427. there was talk of it about 10 years ago, but it seems there is less and less interest for TBI. i don't think the juice is worth the squeeze to run EBL in tandem with a '7427. There are spreadsheets to automatically make VE tables if your wanting a self learn mode. also, you're going to need all the chip burning stuff if you want to change transmission.
I don't feel that's true. There is a lot of interest for TBI in the restomod scene and these 700R4's are drying up. Seems some technogeek could make some money if they could design an all in one PCM with emulation to tune the whole powertrain.