My 1991 RCLB C1500 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
I’m 16 and recently purchased this truck at an auction for $3500. It has 135,000 miles on it and hasn’t done much hard work in its lifetime. It is for the most part completely stock. As of right now all I have done is replaced the cracked dash and broken radio. The radio is now the Moto 4HD from Santa Cruz. The dash was ordered from LMC Truck. I’ve been looking to try and figure out what direction I should take the truck in. Any ideas for mods of any type that you think would make it look better would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4538.jpeg
    IMG_4538.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4537.jpeg
    IMG_4537.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4536.jpeg
    IMG_4536.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4535.jpeg
    IMG_4535.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 17

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
I’m 16 and recently purchased this truck at an auction for $3500. It has 135,000 miles on it and hasn’t done much hard work in its lifetime. It is for the most part completely stock. As of right now all I have done is replaced the cracked dash and broken radio. The radio is now the Moto 4HD from Santa Cruz. The dash was ordered from LMC Truck. I’ve been looking to try and figure out what direction I should take the truck in. Any ideas for mods of any type that you think would make it look better would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4531.jpeg
    IMG_4531.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4530.jpeg
    IMG_4530.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4529.jpeg
    IMG_4529.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 12

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great price for a really good looking truck.
Maybe update the wheels and tires?
Change the mirrors out for 94+ ones?
Roll pan?
How are the mechanicals and brakes?
Tune up parts?
Fluid changes?
Fan belt?
Rubber parts like rad hoses?
Big boomin subwoofer set up?
Nice grumbly exhaust?
572cui crate motor with a 6/72 supercharger?
And on and on!!! Lol

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
Great price for a really good looking truck.
Maybe update the wheels and tires?
Change the mirrors out for 94+ ones?
Roll pan?
How are the mechanicals and brakes?
Tune up parts?
Fluid changes?
Fan belt?
Rubber parts like rad hoses?
Big boomin subwoofer set up?
Nice grumbly exhaust?
572cui crate motor with a 6/72 supercharger?
And on and on!!! Lol
I’ve been looking for wheels. I like these but don’t know where to find them. I think they would look good. Are the 94+ mirrors the black plastic ones ?

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpeg
    IMG_4540.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 15

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for wheels. I like these but don’t know where to find them. I think they would look good. Are the 94+ mirrors the black plastic ones ?
I believe those are what they call RPO wheels, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not correct.
And ya....the same mirrors in the pic. Just look sleeker, or the 454SS sport style ones, but they are tiny!!! Lol
I just put a set on, look good, but a step above useless. Glad I was used to small Harley mirrors. They almost vibrate as much! Lol

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're 16. Is this your daily driver? Make sure the heat and A/C work well and that the truck's safe, clean, comfortable, and runs like brand new. This means more to prospective dates than a big stereo and a loud exhaust.

What are your goals? Are you planning on towing? Racing? Off-roading?

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
You're 16. Is this your daily driver? Make sure the heat and A/C work well and that the truck's safe, clean, comfortable, and runs like brand new. This means more to prospective dates than a big stereo and a loud exhaust.

What are your goals? Are you planning on towing? Racing? Off-roading?
Yes, this is my daily driver. I live on a farm so towing is definitely a possibility, but nothing too incredible outrageous. I guess I probably need to run some trailer Lights at some point. As for off-roading nothing more than hilly pastures and such while checking cows. I’ve been looking for 2wd under shields but no one makes them so I think I am going to have to make my own.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look like they might be American Racing Outlaw 2 rims. Good looking rims, especially on these older trucks. Here's a link to brand new ones https://www.americanracing.com/american-racing-outlaw-ii. I bet you can find used ones too if you want them cheaper.