Looking for a picture of the wiring coming from the radio/Ac and heater unit in the dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have an issue with the illumination wiring, I took out the old harnesses and rewired some others from a newer compatible truck to mine recently. I was trying to change out the after market headunit it came with for a different stereo, and add speakers since it didn't have them when I got it. The truck had an issue with the brake lights, hazards and turn signals when I got it. (The head lights and tail lights come on but did nothing if I pressed the brake, or turned the blinkers on or hazards) it would just pop fuse 1 everytime. NOW, I've fixed the brake light issue but the hazards and turn signals keep popping fuse 9 or 12... what am I doing wrong here? The head unit won't even come on even though there's power to it, my dimmers don't work and my ac / heater doesn't either... on top of the hazards and turn signals still not working. I replaced the flashers and checked the wiring under the dash but it's honestly a mess and idk what I'm looking at is what it SHOULD look like under there.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
These trucks vary quite a bit over the years, so year/model/any other info is always helpful in order to help you.

Not sure a picture of the actual wiring will help, but diagrams should. They're in the factory service manuals, which can be found for free download here -> https://www.gmt400.com/threads/88-98-service-manuals.43575/

Richard