Front end rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukeapre

Reaction score
Did a 200 mile round trip highway city driving, the Bilstein took the remainder of the slop out of the steer. Very nice drive. Passing semis and people passing me doing 90 doesn’t knock me around at all. Very glad to write about it. I still have a rag joint and stock steering shaft I may swap out one of these days. Worth mentioning, I’ve also owned a 95 3/4 ton reg cab pickup and a 2003 3/4 pickup, I had zero issues with the steering for those trucks. No idea what the deal was with my suburban.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing man, trying to take the slop out of my 99 2500 suburban. I replaced EVERYTHING hahahaha. Bushings ball joints super steer cognito red head gear box etc. all upgraded parts to my knowledge. No cheap crap. The biggest difference for me was the steering box itself, a close second was the cognito bracket things. Even with the red head gear box I had to adjust it about a year after I got it, then needed to be adjusted again a year or so later. Now the thing drives really well. However, even still, there’s a little bit of bump steer left. I just received the bilstien damper today. Truck now has a 4” lift and 35’s I’m hoping this bilstien takes care of that last little bit.
Curious where you got the Super Steer bracket?