Front axle/k member swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach_rabey

Reaction score
Grandpas truck 1991 c1500 . Has anyone one done an axle swap/K-member swap from something like a Corvette or Camaro. I saw someone do a rear axle swap from a 94 Corvette and was just wondering if someone has done a front axle or k-member swap.

zach_rabey

Reaction score

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s my thread on 2010 camaro ss subframe swap. I’ve done research on the topic and as far as I know no one has tried with a front subframe from corvette or Camaro. It certainly could be done but you would be doing some heavy frame work. More intense than a rear subframe would be. I don’t know what your skill level is there but it’s not a weekend warrior project in the slightest. This is especially true for a camaro macpherson strut setup.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/irs-in-a-gmt400.56909/

zach_rabey

Reaction score
Thanks and I realize it wouldn't be a weekend warrior project but I want to build my grandpas truck the way I want the first time

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been an influx of younger people getting these trucks from their grandparents with plans for serious mods. Just a thought:

You very likely do not have the skills for this. I am not talking down to you, I certainly don't have the skills either. Maybe you're a master welder and I'm putting my foot in my mouth. I would just hate for you to ruin your grandpa's truck in the pursuit of making it different, under the guise of making it better.

If you got partway into this and realized it was way too much then you will regret chopping your grandpa's truck up.

If you have the skills, then of course anything is possible. If you do end up going down this road, then have everything planned and ready so that the truck doesnt end up as a chopped up rotted field hoarder rig.

glock20

Reaction score
There has been an influx of younger people getting these trucks from their grandparents with plans for serious mods. Just a thought:

You very likely do not have the skills for this. I am not talking down to you, I certainly don't have the skills either. Maybe you're a master welder and I'm putting my foot in my mouth. I would just hate for you to ruin your grandpa's truck in the pursuit of making it different, under the guise of making it better.

If you got partway into this and realized it was way too much then you will regret chopping your grandpa's truck up.

If you have the skills, then of course anything is possible. If you do end up going down this road, then have everything planned and ready so that the truck doesnt end up as a chopped up rotted field hoarder rig.
he doesn't know what motor is in his truck, this is never gonna happen.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
he doesn't know what motor is in his truck, this is never gonna happen.
While on point, maybe a little harsh. Everyone is "new" in the beginning. It's an interesting thought process to travel down so while one might view the question as silly or from an uninformed person, useful knowledge and opinions can still be shared.

Richard