Zone Offroad 6 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast_Z71

Reaction score
Any one ever ran a Zone lift kit? I’ve been doing some research on lift kits I don’t want to run a RC lift because a few of my friends have ran them and they had some trouble with them. The kit I really want is a Superlift 6 inch kit but they’ve been discontinued, BDS is another one I like but I don’t want to pay the price for it. I know Zone is made by BDS in their plant in MI, and it’s their budget brand and I’m wondering if anyone has had any good luck with them. Note I’ll be running Bilstein shocks instead of what comes with the kit.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Zone on my Tundra, and it's been OK. I've heard that the RCX lifts were supposed to be one of the better lifts for the GMT400s.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am installing a IFS 8 Lug K2500 lift right now and its all keyed and laser cut parts... pretty beefy! I am SAS at some point but this was a black friday impulse buy. So far its good fit and nice hardware.

Edit: I am installing a RC kit/ 8 lug/ k2500.

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any one ever ran a Zone lift kit? I’ve been doing some research on lift kits I don’t want to run a RC lift because a few of my friends have ran them and they had some trouble with them. The kit I really want is a Superlift 6 inch kit but they’ve been discontinued, BDS is another one I like but I don’t want to pay the price for it. I know Zone is made by BDS in their plant in MI, and it’s their budget brand and I’m wondering if anyone has had any good luck with them. Note I’ll be running Bilstein shocks instead of what comes with the kit.

Funny you mention it, I have the same plan/question and actually came here to make this same thread!

Something I read in an old thread is that the Zone is a full 6" lift (another member emailed the company and thats what they said) where the RC is like 5 point something and you have to crank if you want the full six inch. That shouldn't matter if you're going with 35s on reasonable wheels but I was considering 37s...

Fast_Z71

Reaction score
I am installing a IFS 8 Lug K2500 lift right now and its all keyed and laser cut parts... pretty beefy! I am SAS at some point but this was a black friday impulse buy. So far its good fit and nice hardware.

Good to know. Did you have to do have to do any cutting on the front diff? I know you have to on the half tons.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know. Did you have to do have to do any cutting on the front diff? I know you have to on the half tons.

Yes- that is my next step as I just got done yesterday installing the upper arm mounts and doing the cutting and grinding on the frame rails. You have to trim the aluminum ribs to fit in the new cradle that RC provides. It is pretty simple- but everything with the lift is taking 2-3 the time it should as the truck has 265k miles and things are "stubborn" plus its a heavy truck and I always take my time working on... 6 jack stands just to be safe haha!