Yukon/Tahoe HVAC in Silverado/Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no it was blowing warm air at my feet even with a/c on

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'd either get another control that was correct for your truck or look at some wiring diagrams and see what is different about them.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When depressed, the rear defrost button sends power to a timed relay that powers the defrost grid, so it doesn't seem that it would power the compressor.

The only things that should cause it to engage are the AC button and rotating the knob to the floor/defrost or defrost detent.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the diagrams. But yes, that is what I was thinking regarding the compressor running continuously. I did not think the new switch could cause this. Any ideas on what could be causing this constant running of the compressor though?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it didn't do it before replacing the panel, then I'd guess that the replacement panel has an issue with the AC button switch or the mode (defrost/blend) dial switch.

Otherwise, the VCM provides a ground to energize the clutch relay coil and send power to the compressor. Could be a sticking switch in the relay or issue in the VCM, but if the old panel didn't show this issue then I'd suspect the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I will go back to the junk yard and try out another switch.

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to call around your local parts stores. There is a place called Main Auto Parts down the street from me (also called Auto Plus), that I bought a brand new Silverado/Sierra A/C Control. It was only about $60, came with all the lights and knobs too.

So some non-major parts chains may have it. I tried looking at Autozone but I couldn't find it there.

TennesseeZ

Reaction score
You may want to call around your local parts stores. There is a place called Main Auto Parts down the street from me (also called Auto Plus), that I bought a brand new Silverado/Sierra A/C Control. It was only about $60, came with all the lights and knobs too.

So some non-major parts chains may have it. I tried looking at Autozone but I couldn't find it there.

Do you have the brand name and/or part numbers for the panel you bought?

PeteyG708

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score