WTF: Engine Harness removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to disconnect the engine harness from the body connection on the drivers side firewall. I can't figure out how to release the plugs, and I really don't want to break anything.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The driver's side master plug has a bolt in the center that has to be removed, I have seen them be 7 or 8mm depending on the year.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good call on that one. Now that its off the firewall, can the plugs be separated? It looks like it will be a ***** to put together if it comes apart....

Android/Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No the master plug is not supposed to come a part, I am not saying it won't, but it's not supposed to.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I guess I'm gonna need to disconnect from down by the starter motor instead. I can't get the hole thing out without removing my fuel level sender lines....all the way back....F' that!
All the plastic loom has crumbled off of my harness, removing any protection from abrasion....plus it looks like hell. Any suggestions on what look better...like that bradided stuff? Don't they make that where it can go on a harness without removing the plugs?

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
So I guess I'm gonna need to disconnect from down by the starter motor instead. I can't get the hole thing out without removing my fuel level sender lines....all the way back....F' that!
All the plastic loom has crumbled off of my harness, removing any protection from abrasion....plus it looks like hell. Any suggestions on what look better...like that bradided stuff? Don't they make that where it can go on a harness without removing the plugs?

Search Techflex, that stuff is what I use to build my custom harness'

-Truckin'-

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine came apart fine, has clips that slide it together, 3 seperate ones i think 2 on top and one big one on bottom. I know because I seperated mine and fed the one thru the ds fender.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine came apart fine, has clips that slide it together, 3 seperate ones i think 2 on top and one big one on bottom. I know because I seperated mine and fed the one thru the ds fender.

This!! The big one is for the engine. Little clips on the side and it will slide off the 2 smaller ones.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach