Would a lift kit affect the length of you sway bar links?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the sway bar link on my truck but I couldn't get all of the bushings and washers on there... Do I need to get longer sway bar links because of the 3" lift that is on there or is there some kind of tool I need to compress the sway bar closer to the control arm?

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should the truck be lowered onto the ground? When I did it, I had the truck jacked up level on both sides

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you had the truck raised with the jack stands under the rear housing it should be O.K. The weight of the truck has to be on the suspension.
But it makes figuring out how parallel the bar is to the ground easier if it is on it's wheels.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you had the truck raised with the jack stands under the rear housing it should be O.K. The weight of the truck has to be on the suspension.
But it makes figuring out how parallel the bar is to the ground easier if it is on it's wheels.
So why do I have to find out if its parallel or not and what if it isn't?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's they way that they work properly. They are designed that way in order to transfer the body weight to the other side of the vehicle, thus reducing the body roll in corners.
If it isn't, which is probably true on your's, because of the lift, the end links would have to be longer. The sway bar ends are more than likely pointing up.
That link I posted to GMFS will help in making them longer.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sewlow I think he's working on the front.
The truck on level ground should be the easiest. It shouldn't be that difficult. How about a pic to show us whats going wrong.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
To answer the thread title question: yes.

A lift kit of any significant lift should include either longer end links or a drop bracket for the bar....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sewlow I think he's working on the front.
The truck on level ground should be the easiest. It shouldn't be that difficult. How about a pic to show us whats going wrong.

DOH!!! Thanks! Guess I should of asked for specifics! Even still, the links may have to be longer!