Wiring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys. The past couple week have been some of the hardest of my life, i am having issues with the one i love most in this world... My truck. Let me tell you whats going on, every once and awhile everything electrical with my truck will stop when i am driving, lights dim, gauges stop, radio/defrost stop, so pretty much everything except my fog lights that is directly wired to my battery stop working for a couple seconds sometimes up to a minute and then everything turn back on and its fine also my truck has been blowing alternators which im assume is part of the same issue went through 2 this week... Any ideas? Bad ground or loose plug or bad wires?

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
A bad battery can cause your altenator to work overtime and will burn them up. Just a thought

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the wire that runs across the fan shroud to the fuse box. That wire could be loose at the battery or the fuse box under the hood. I'd also check the ground from the passenger side head to the firewall. That one handles most of the interior electronics IIRC, so that could be it as well.

Pj_stock

Reaction score
You guys are awesome. Look what I found. Bad ground right off the battery. Thanks for your help!
You must be registered for see images attach