Wiring help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for a 98 Chevy C1500? Particularly the ignition circuit. Also does anyone know what the AUX. A and Aux B terminals are used for on the under hood breaker box? I have an orange wire paired with a blue wire that looks like it connects there. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can look up diagrams on Autozone's site, if you sign up (free) - or pay for an AlldataDIY subscription, stuff like that.

Those aux terminals are empty on a regular build truck; they're there for you to add extra stuff on. Follow the wire, see where it goes.

Richard

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
You can look up diagrams on Autozone's site, if you sign up (free) - or pay for an AlldataDIY subscription, stuff like that.

Those aux terminals are empty on a regular build truck; they're there for you to add extra stuff on. Follow the wire, see where it goes.

Richard

This ^^

Orange and blue at those terminals could be related to a trailer brake controller. But as @someotherguy said, trace them down. Could be a million different things!

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for everones input. The passlock needed to be reset. Previous owner had the column apart and wires were hanging and spliced. It's alive but runs rough and wants to stall above idle. Old gas and possibly a plugged converter. Good oil pressure at least. I'm going to give it a major tune up and 10 gallons of fresh gas tomorrow. If it doesn't run better the converter is coming off. DJM kit should be here tomorrow. Should be a fun weekend.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd take it slow with the Passlock tinkering. :) If it's starting, you may want to tread carefully. When Passlock is kicking in, it will kill the engine immediately after starting. Once it starts acting up it can be a real pain in the ass until you get sick of fighting it and just have it deleted in a custom tune!

Richard