wiper issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Every now and then when I turn my wipers off they don't stop in the correct position you have to turn them back on and off and usually it stops in the correct position, and idea what could cause this? they work great besides this

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
maybe the beginning stages of a failing wiper pulse board..... mine are just crazy they never stop in the right spot and will run for an extended period after being turned off. the only way to get mine to stop where they belong is to turn the truck off when they are in the right spot..... I avoid using my wipers like the plague. it's only a good thing that it doesn't rain very often here

Sent from my static android

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe the beginning stages of a failing wiper pulse board..... mine are just crazy they never stop in the right spot and will run for an extended period after being turned off. the only way to get mine to stop where they belong is to turn the truck off when they are in the right spot..... I avoid using my wipers like the plague. it's only a good thing that it doesn't rain very often here

I see, that is located in the engine compartment on the firewall correct?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I see, that is located in the engine compartment on the firewall correct?

yeah to the best of my knowledge it is... ill probably change it come rain season

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It's inside the wiper motor. Pull the cover off, and it's right there. IIRC it's 3 torx screws that holds the cover on. Don't even have to remove the wiper motor from the vehicle. That board fails so often, that I believe it's now a 'Dorman' part. If the parts store doesn't have it on a rotating rack out front, the parts guy will know exatly what you need. Cheap!

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
When I got my 97 a few weeks ago, it was not parking in the right spot. I figured at 16 years old, I'd just as soon replace the whole motor unit rather than mess with anything less. It was only about $60.

Last edited:

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's inside the wiper motor. Pull the cover off, and it's right there. IIRC it's 3 torx screws that holds the cover on. Don't even have to remove the wiper motor from the vehicle. That board fails so often, that I believe it's now a 'Dorman' part. If the parts store doesn't have it on a rotating rack out front, the parts guy will know exatly what you need. Cheap!

Thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2