Wind noise from doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake Urwiller

Reaction score
Hello all, I just bought a 93 Chevy light 2500, ext cab 4x4. There is a terrible wind noise coming from the front and upper door where the door meets the body. It goes away if you squeeze the doors inwards upmclosentonthe top of windshield. Weatherstrip looks good and doors open and are aligned well for the most part. Any suggestions?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty common on extended cabs, google that subject and you will see you belong to a big club of people with the same problem. I have an 06 extended cab that has the same issues. More wind noise when it is cold out, guess rubber shrinks but has wind noise on warm days as well. Some complain doors bumping or rattling on bumpy roads with extended cab doors as well.

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that some guys are pulling the door seals and threading in some closed cell foam rod. It makes the seal tighter. Not sure if it helps or not but it is worth looking into.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First kind of aligned is not aligned. If you need pins and bushings do them now not when you need hinges or latches. If you still have a wind leak you can pull in on door frame with window down to tighten the top. I put a dollar bill between the door and cab and close the door if you can move it sideways that is your leak keep checking around the suspected areas. You should feel a little drag when pulling on the bill.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
I had the same problem with wind noise at the upper driver's door seal.

I did a "sort of" fix..... Open your door - pull the weatherstrip away from the windshield 'rubber edge'... there is a gap (?).... Mind does....

Get some firm-flexable plastic "gap-filler" roping ( Home Depot sells it as a "gap filler" for windows, etc).... I put 18 inches long,..., inside the gap, between the window edge & door seal.

It pushes the door seal "outward" and makes for a firmer seal against the door edge.

That may work.... it did for my '88