will they rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D_Kimball

Reaction score
Hey guys im new here. My truck is a 98 ECSB. I recently bought a set of dick cepek dc-2s. I am only going to run them in the summer and leave the tires i have now on my stockers for winter. I want to run a 285/75. The rims are 16x8 with 4 inch b.s. and -12 offset, so my question is are the 285s going to rub? I can crank my tb's if needed.

D_Kimball

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I didnt think they would but, it never hurts to double check

D_Kimball

Reaction score
What size tires you running with your bl am92. Your truck looks clean with the bl. Makes me want to put one on my truck. :hmm:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Thanks man, I've got 305/75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on there right now and they even fit without rubbing before I put the lift on. When I need new tires, I think I'm gonna step up to 35's though

D_Kimball

Reaction score
I was thinking about 305s also but I didn't want to have rubbing issues. Found a good used set on cl for 150$. Shoulda pulledthe trigger on them when I had the chance. Whats the backspacing and offset of your wheels? I might go for 305s if i can

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I'm not sure exatly on the wheels, I got them off craigslist and now they've been discontinued, but they are MB Blitz wheels so if you can find and info on them that's what they are...I like the way the 305's look because they're wider than the 285's

D_Kimball

Reaction score
I'm not sure exatly on the wheels, I got them off craigslist and now they've been discontinued, but they are MB Blitz wheels so if you can find and info on them that's what they are...I like the way the 305's look because they're wider than the 285's

Well looks like only in a -6 or positive 25. I'm assuming u have the -6? Mine are -12....what do u think? 305s or 285s. I knw that my rims are going to stick out a little bit more than yours. Do you think I will have rubbing issues with the 305s?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Like I said, I had the 305s on for a few weeks before I put the BL on and had no rubbing at all with a little crank