Why is my air always blowing in defrost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierraslt4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My air always blow hard on the windshield no matter where I put the dail. It does blow out the front vents and floor but it's also blowing atleast 50% of the flow on the windshield. How do I fix this?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Mine does it to. The actuators are fine. I figure its internal to the ducting, some door somewhere is not fully closing or opening, which means I would have to take the dash out to find the problem, which means I aint doing that, so I live with it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Suburban is actually in the shop for this right now. Both of my trucks are doing it. I'll gladly let you know what I find out when I get it back, and how much it costs me.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got a preliminary call from my mechanic. He believes that it's just actuators based on our conversation and the fact that a small piece of black plastic fell out of my dash a while back. He's going to replace them tomorrow and we'll see where that gets us.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, you can't make this stuff up... He never did anything with the actuators and it works fine now. He had it for two days messing with it. Magic touch I guess, either that or I have actual live gremlins.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Its the defroster door jamming. Very common, they get warped. The dash has to come out completely and the HVAC has to be unbolted from the firewall. The top part of the box is replaced.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my front face vents have slowly started blowing less and seems the air is going to defroster or the floor. same issue?