Where to connect a kill switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
hello guys, anyone ever made a kill switch for the gmt400's? I have a 94 c1509 350 TBI and wanted to install a homemade kill switch. Where to start?
Thanks in advance

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Not sure what crime is like around you, but around my neck of the woods, there aren't too many criminals stealing 21+ year old trucks. Most 21 year old trucks are long since gone to the scrapyards.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks guys for al the imputs. Well around my area crime is not bad but where I work at they had few older trucks stolen for partS.

Alljackedup408

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The crank circuit on the internal fuse panel.. you could tap into that and the truck will not crank unless connected.

You can pull the fuse for a longer term sitting or daily use wire a switch into it.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd want the kill switch to be convenient, or I'd never use it. Killing either the fuel or ignition system is easy, probably best at the fuse panel. Hiding the switch in the cab is a bit harder. If the switch looked like it belonged there, and did something else, like a cargo lamp switch, or a 4WD switch, then it could be installed, and would fool most would be thieves,, and at the same time, it would not be inconvenient to use.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think the cargo switch would be the best choice as you wouldn't want to be without your 4x4 switch. I suppose it's possible that a would-be-thief would hit the cargo switch to help him (or her to be p.c.) see what they're doing, but that would be a long shot IMHO.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I would think the cargo switch would be the best choice as you wouldn't want to be without your 4x4 switch. I suppose it's possible that a would-be-thief would hit the cargo switch to help him (or her to be p.c.) see what they're doing, but that would be a long shot IMHO.
Lol.
Too bad so many people concern themselves with being "p.c".
God forbid we offend a would-be theif.