What's up with my wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cturner

Reaction score
Haha mine do that too, I also have the problem of them staying on after hitting mist or washer spray... so we are agreeing it's the motor or just the module as shortchevy stated

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha mine do that too, I also have the problem of them staying on after hitting mist or washer spray... so we are agreeing it's the motor or just the module as shortchevy stated

If they stay going, you need to fix the solder joints on the board. Motor should be fine. It takes like 10 or 15min.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
schweet sounds like i need to learn how to solder :uhoh2: haha

You don't need to have soldering skills to fix it, just a cheap soldering iron. Do a search if you need more info. This is what I posted on another thread about wiper problems:

On my 98, I pulled the circuit board out of the box and looked at the back side. You will see all the solder connections where components were attached to the circuit board. I held the soldering iron on each of the solder connections until it liquified. I think the solder had cracked over time and just needed to be remelted to restore a good connection. That was about 5 years ago and wipers still operate perfectly.