What would be louder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve98Z71

Reaction score
Would 2 single inlet single outlet super tens be louder than 1 single inlet dual outlet with a Y pipe?

Steve98Z71

Reaction score
I'm hearing mixed things some people are telling me 1 super ten SI/DO will be louder than 2 SI/SI

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
I'm hearing mixed things some people are telling me 1 super ten SI/DO will be louder than 2 SI/SI

If you run true dual exhaust meaning 2 separate pipes from the exhaust manifolds with the 10's it will be louder than a single in. It should also have a better tone in my opinion. Depending on where you live if your just going for loud cut the converter off.

True Dual I think has a better tone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYA0xt3cbk

This is a single in dual out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4DH9w2P3g

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Smaller the piping the louder it'll be. Small exhaust diameter typically has a higher pitch and pops an awefull lot. Bigger pipes will get u a lower/deeper more throaty sound. Cut the muffler off if u want it loud.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
Mines not super loud but my trucks got a nice low rashpy kinda sound with the stock pipe with the cat deleted and the stock gm muffler i also got 3 inch O.D. exhaust

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know about true duals but with one super 10 on my truck its pretty loud. My brother duals with glass packs is louder at idle then mine but mine gets louder under a load

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have true duals to magnaflow glass packs dumped and its pretty loud. and gets louder the farther you press the peddle. my best friend has 3 inch single in dual out dumped with flowmaster 44 series and his is much louder than mine is. no cats on either truck. i am carbed and he still has factory tbi. true dual straight pipes is really loud and with the right size pipe doesnt sound that bad, mine sounded pretty good the couple hours i had it straight piped.

Steve98Z71

Reaction score
I ended up getting a dual outlet super 10 and reusing the pipe i had exiting from the magnaflow on the right and welded a turn down on the left outlet. Sounds really good loud and deep since the piping is 3 inches after the y pipe