What size resistor for LED brake light, no cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeySS

Reaction score
Cruise control was working fine until I installed LED 3rd brake light. What size resistors do I need to trick the brake switch into reading correctly and allowing my cruise control to engage.

JoeySS

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Spec-D Tuning Third brake light

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Cruise control was working fine until I installed LED 3rd brake light. What size resistors do I need to trick the brake switch into reading correctly and allowing my cruise control to engage.

Correlation is not necessarily causation. What diagnosis of the problem have you done?

The switch is a mechanical device, and it doesn't 'read' as you aver.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Believe it or not, this is absolutely an issue on the GMT800 trucks. I'm honestly surprised though that a GMT400 would have the same issue.

I fixed mine with the same 6 ohm resistor you would use to cancel hyperflash with an LED turn signal bulb. The gold heat sink 6 ohm / 50 watt variety is cheap and available pretty much everywhere.

NO idea on the wiring colors in your application but on my '06 Silverado I tapped it on the light blue, and black wires. Your results may vary totally...

Richard