What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first pic is a box under the glove box im just wondering what it is and why does it says 1ton diesel since i got a 1/2 gas..

Second just seem like aftermarket chip? 2 wire going to one of the computer plug.. 4 pin on top as i show on 3rd pic.. and also on that other plug.. 4 pin on top as well.. on the last picture..

You must be registered for see images attach

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and forgot to mention there is 4 wire coming out of that small grey box shown on 2nd pic.. 2 like i said going to those connection on the picture but the 2 other one goes in the engine bay and i cant find them..

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one on top is the DRAC. It interprets the signal from the vehicle speed sensor and feeds that information to the ECM, speedo and cruise control.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And any idea why he put a 1ton diesel one? They just fit on all model?

And he told me about a different diff in the back does it have something to do with this?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you change axle ratio or tire size, you need to change the settings in the DRAC to keep the speedometer/odometer correct. The "simple" way is to use a compatible DRAC that is already set to what you need. It's also very easy to change one if you have basic soldering skills; the settings are done using a series of jumper wires inside that act as on/off switches. Many of us have soldered in a DIP switch so we can change them as we please. It's also easier that way to get it closest to accurate without trial and error of having to desolder/resolder the jumper wires as you try several settings.

Richard