What is this connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I thought it was for the MAP sensor but I still have one.... so I'm already out of ideas

Attachments

• 20231020_162901.jpg
    20231020_162901.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 30

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try looking around for a connecter missing it's other half. It can't be far, within about one foot.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The only connector with three wires in those colors on a TBI engine is the one for the throttle position sensor. But I can see the TPS on the throttle body is plugged in, so that empty connector probably has no purpose. Kind of looks like that connector was hacked on for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of looks like that connector was hacked on for whatever reason.
Exactly right. No matter which style of TPS connector the throttle body has--you've got the correct plug to make it work.

Perhaps someone replaced the throttle body or TPS with the "other" style connector, and just spliced the second TPS connector into the wire harness to make the incorrect part work OK.

Reaction score
Exactly right. No matter which style of TPS connector the throttle body has--you've got the correct plug to make it work.

Perhaps someone replaced the throttle body or TPS with the "other" style connector, and just spliced the second TPS connector into the wire harness to make the incorrect part work OK.
I hate the previous owner of this truck, man.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Yep. OP has a 1990 which would use the larger 3 pin flat row connector; has a TBI in it from a 1991-up which uses the small round 3 pin connector. Looks like a quick strip, twist, and tape job. :( Easy to correct, but annoying to find.

Richard