what heater hoses to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What heater hose work on the swap? 4.8/5.3 truck motor to be specific. Do the stock v8 obs hoses work?
On a side note, Motor is coming out tomorrow and time willing, I'll be putting my fule pump in. Still sourcing a motor if any one has a complete 4.8/5.3 with accessories harness starter and pcm and can get it to my door for around 650-750 lmk

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my motor order. Any one who's done a build care to tell me what heater hoses they ran? Or even the diameter of hose I need?

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm talking about the heater core hoses. From the water pump to the heater core

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the stock diameter originally in the obs, just bought new for the sake of having new hoses. My new obs radiator came with a cap already on the outlet under the filler cap that attaches to the heater core. I also replaced the smaller diameter overflow hose.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the small hoses going to the fire wall? That make the heater work?

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know im probably over thinking this, but will some "universal" hose work like off summit or eBay sold in so many feet? Is there plenty of room to make the 90° sweep back to the fire wall with out kinking?

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude, take your heater hoses to AutoZone or advance, and tell them you want 3 feet of each. Then cut it to fit. Same with the skinny hose for the overflow. Don't bother ordering it, because you're going to pay more than you need to. Plus the hoses are 2 different sizes, so you're going to end up ordering way more hose than you need, since you'd only be using a couple feet from each roll. Or just reuse your existing hoses and cut them to fit.