What cam works best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95whitez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking to put a cam in my truck for a little more power to tow. My question is what do you guys recommend? Its a 95 k1500 with a stock 350 with 185xxx miles on it

CajunGMC

Reaction score
When I built my engine this summer I used " Crane Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts 113901" My truck pulls and drives better than new. avg 16mpg. So far I would say this has been a good choice of cam for my application.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I have the crane max energy can in mine it's just a bit bigger than stock

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys who did cams, will you let us know if you had to have a chip burned for yours or not, or if you did a carb swap.
I know everyone says if you do a cam you need to tune it but I'm curious if you did it.

95whitez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. I never got any notification of y'all posting on here

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's some high miles to be putting a cam in... Your engine has been run that long the same way, doing modifications like that may give you some problems.
if I were you and wanted to get some more power out of your truck I would find a low mile motor from the boneyard and tinker with that.