What alarm system do you have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just replaced my 8 year old Python system with a Viper 3105 V It is almost just like my old system. The keyless entry is grate. I missed my old one when it quit on me. I had to replace it with a new system after about 1 week. The install was not bad, because I already had a system in the truck. If you are not good with relays and how they work, I suggest you do not install a system yourself. All the alarm systems need relays to make them work correctly.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually have aftermarket alarms in both of my trucks, but wired them up so they only function as a remote start and keyless. This was a result of what happened the first time my key fob battery died in one of them. I thought "Hey no problem, I'll just unlock it with the key!" Turns out the alarm still thinks you're trying to break into it in that situation. I've never fumbled around for that valet switch so quickly! Awkward as hell looking like you're stealing your own truck...

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had this happen to me when my old system died last month. Once I started the truck, it reset. My alarm has stopped 2 brake ins that I know of. Where I live, we have issues with thieves getting into your truck or car at night, to see what they can steel. If it is locked, they move on most of the time, and It is always small things, but who wants that while your sleeping. I found my neighbors insurance papers in my yard a few months ago. Our city isn't that big around 150,000 and I live in a good neighborhood.