Well...here it goes, cheaply

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
I'm in school and drove the 97 chevy ECSB Z71 throughout highschool. In college now on the south coast, and didn't bring it with me, and am 7 hours away. Well I'm returning here in about a month and am home for the summer with the clear to take the truck for school :). Was originally my grandfathers. Love the thing, though was stupid and went off the road late one night about a year ago and wrecked the da*n thing. Not proud but still here (grateful for). On a super tight budget but need a car for school and need to make the 7 hr drive a few times throughout the year. Will post photos soon.

1997 ECSB Z71 Black. 5.7 4L60e. 85,XXXmi
It's overall been a smooth running truck, after the wreck-new tie rods, ball joints and the drivers side front CV joint. Lost some oil though fired right up...and surprisingly runs smoother now than before. Always had a coolant leak, though always been a slow one.

Used to read on here alot and this being my first real post, plan to be on here more in the upcoming month. Looked today to see where the coolant leak is coming from and looks to be the intake manifold gasket. I can see about a single drop every 20 seconds run down the front of the engine behind the fan. The water pump has been changed within the last year and didn't seem to be leaking at all. I plan to take it into a shop soon and have that looked at. I know that cost can be high if it does need to be replaced...and am really not sure if i could do it on my own, though may not have much of a choice. Truck runs fine throughout town and the occasional 45min drive to the mall. Not entirely sure how it would do for a 7 hour drive. I do work 2nd shift with my dad and we ride together, so I can have the truck not driveable for days at a time, that being my one and only plus. Air conditioning-doesn't work (awful in the heat) recharged with sealant and ran fine for a few months then nothing. heat works.
Mainy just body work after that...not easy stuff.

As of right now it's probably my cheapest option, can't quite afford a car. Assuming this gasket thing isn't too expensive (yeah right:nono:)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach