Waxing after fresh clear coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
in the pics (first 2) I can't tell a difference

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was told at least 3 months as well. As for the color mismatch you gotta take into account that the trucks paint is much older so it will be a pita to get an exact match.

See I figured the bumper would be darker since the truck paint may have faded, but the truck is much darker. I know I needed more coats of paint but I ran out and being me I wanted it done.. But the truck did spend 10+ years of its life in the dark where no sun could reach it.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in the pics (first 2) I can't tell a difference

From probably 10 feet away you cant, but any closer and its pretty obvious. But im not too picky for having done it in my own shop with my friends.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. I'd say you'd be fine at 2 months. I was told a minimum of 6 weeks after my truck was painted, but she recommended 8 if I could wait.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. I'd say you'd be fine at 2 months. I was told a minimum of 6 weeks after my truck was painted, but she recommended 8 if I could wait.

I like the "if I could wait." Haha I wanna get it waxed and shined up! But I'll wait probably 3 months

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Well....she knows how picky I am! If she thought I was picky then, just wait till I get the clear redone on my CC. She'll be pulling her hair out! LMAO.

Sent from a sh!thole in the middle east

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
there could be many different variations in the color codes, even if u are using a rattle can a paint supply shop can mix paint for u and put it in an aerosol can and then you can have a perfect match, the color can be tinted to match the rest of the paint. your bumper still looks great the way it is tho, and being that its down low rather then up high people probably wont notice it very often.