wanting to get in the low 14 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laoutlaw

Reaction score
I am new to the site. I need help getting in the low 14 seconds with just motor. I have a 97 Chevy c1500 350 5.7 extended cab. I have a full exhaust system, e fans, Cai, 8mm wires, msd coil, upgraded spider injection, 373 gears with posi track, and blackbear tune. Any help is appreciated.

laoutlaw

Reaction score
I ran 14.6 the other night at no problem raceway in donaldsonville, la. I have a 100 shot wet kit on my truck now but i want to try to get there on motor or close to it.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Cam and converter. Problem is, you'll be real close to the edge of the what your induction system can feed it.

92gmcshorty

Reaction score
cam, heads, stall, DIET!!!! thats a heavy chevy!!! start with a cam KIT and some aluminum roller rockers.

1LEG

Reaction score
383, Heads and cam to match. Trans and converter are also going to need upgrading. Your going to need alot of torque to get that heavy truck moving.

laoutlaw

Reaction score
I thought about putting 1.6 rockers. What would be the gain with just doing them. Also what cam could I put in. I heard about the lt4, lt1, zz4. Do yall have any better cams that could drop in without much work to the heads.

beast94

Reaction score
I thought about putting 1.6 rockers. What would be the gain with just doing them. Also what cam could I put in. I heard about the lt4, lt1, zz4. Do yall have any better cams that could drop in without much work to the heads.

Changing to a higher ratio along with roller rockers will have a significant change. The higher ratio effectively alters the lift of the cam along with the adding about 5 degrees of duration to the cam. It will also open the valves faster. If you put in 1.6:1 rockers, you will have to enlarge the push rod slot in the heads. If you do not do this, it will cause the push rods to rub against the head causing the push rods to fail. You can get the tool to do this from just about anywhere online. Its called a Louis Tool.