vortec heads???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGUgly

Reaction score
Fastorgange what did u do about your EGR system on the motor once you did this swap?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well tbi egr systems are different from vortec ones. The old school carb'd motors have egr systems, and the intakes have a spot for egr too. Mostly though ppl remove them, have them tuned out since you'll need a chip made anyways to work with the new stuff, and ditch the whole egr crap, unless you have to pass emissions of course.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
well tbi egr systems are different from vortec ones. The old school carb'd motors have egr systems, and the intakes have a spot for egr too. Mostly though ppl remove them, have them tuned out since you'll need a chip made anyways to work with the new stuff, and ditch the whole egr crap, unless you have to pass emissions of course.

if you use the GMPP intake, it has a spot to plumb the EGR in.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
that just seems weird to me.

I don't know much about FI and tbi and crap though.

There was a LONG discussion on it one time on FSC. consensus was that dual plane are crutches for a carb, not needed for EFI. Its the same reason 99% of the EFI intake out there are single planes.