Use alarm only when I want to...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all -
Bought a used 98 K1500 with factory alarm. Seller not much help on this as it was a third party seller. My alarm sets passively when doors lock. I do something dumb like lower my tailgate to load something and BAM! I'm fumbling for the fob to shut off the alarm. Bought this truck for work and chores and just want to be able to do things without it arming the alarm system.
Don't know if this will help at all but the part number for the alarm horn is P/N:12463371

Locking when I am in town - neat idea. Locking when I am loading stuff at my house - not so much.

Any help would be great.

Thanks -
Craig

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
One simple method might be to lock the door by hand just before you get out, and don't forget to take the keys with you.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bought a used 98 K1500 with factory alarm.

I don't think that was ever a factory option. Maybe something that was installed by the dealer at the customers request, but definitely not factory.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Is the brain a small black box with a white "GM" sticker on it? There was a dealer-installed alarm option . I ripped it out of my truck and others I installed alarms on. Mine was annoying

Reaction score
What I see is a red light built into the dash - not below or anything. It looks like it is supposed to be there.
All I have noticed so far is the black alarm horn that has the part number mentioned above and says GM on it.
Would love guidance on removal if that is my best option!