Truck missing badly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. Last sat my truck started missing. People have told me cap, wires, plugs. Well I replaced the cap and plug wires. Just did a full tune up a year and a half ago. Well hooked a scan tool up to it last night and cylinder 3 and 5 are missing. Compression is fine in 3. Spark plug was covered in gas. Wires are run like they are suppose to be. Any suggestions? It's a 98 ecsb 5.7.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Spark plugs saturated in gas means no spark or a bad plug. Check that cylinder's ignition wire for spark. It might be shorting out and no spark gets to the plug. Also check the porcelin of the plug itself, it may be cracked. Either way that plug needs to be replaced, liquid gas will ruin the electrode in the plug.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. The truck is fixed. It happened to be the spyder injectors. The injector for five was just dumping fuel into the cylinder. But now my lights on again. P0420. So I'm going to gut my cats. And somehow fool the o2 sensors. There brand new. And I'm trying to wait to get a custom tune. I plan on changing some things up. How could I fool the sensors?

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well. That is true. I just want my exhaust louder anyways. But not straight pipe. And I have flow masters exhaust. And I'm also not trying to spend another 500 dollars for the cats.