Trouble codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm starting to work on my truck to get it back on the road. First things first I have to get it inspected. The CEL is on and when I pulled the codes it returned

P0133-Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank1, Sensor1)
P0430-Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
P1345-Camshaft To Crankshaft Position Correlation Fault

I think the cats were recently replaced and I KNOW the engine was rebuilt within the last 4-6 months. Where do I need to start to get all of this fixed? Thanks!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P1345 - Get a scanner that is capable of doing a crank relearn and get the cam/crank sync within 2 degrees of zero.

The rest may just be the O2's getting old, or possibly an exhaust leak. Inspect, clear codes, and drive.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
P1345 - Get a scanner that is capable of doing a crank relearn and get the cam/crank sync within 2 degrees of zero.

The rest may just be the O2's getting old, or possibly an exhaust leak. Inspect, clear codes, and drive.

Thanks for the quick response! How do I find a scanner that's capable of doing that? I don't know the first thing about it.

As for the O2s, I was planning on doing a full exhaust so I guess I'll replace the O2s while I'm under there. Now I've seen that the Bosch ones are no good. Is that correct?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scanners that can do that are better borrowed than bought, IE very expensive for the DIYer. If you can't find a buddy or a local forumite that has one, you'll have to take it to a shop and have them do it. Hell, you may even be able to talk a tech into doing for a beer or two after hours. Bosch makes far too many OEM O2 sensors to be "no good". Half the bad rep is the fact that they are the primary stocked O2 sensor in a lot of your big chain auto parts stores, Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly's, etc and are one of the most commonly misdiagnosed problems on a vehicle. Bosch makes good sensors, period. The fact of the matter is that there are better sensors out there for a given application, such as Denso and NGK. I would find out who makes your OE sensors and buy their replacements, though I want to say it's Denso. Buy ACDelco if you can find it, should be a sure shot for proper fit and function.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to see if I can find someone that can do the crank relearn before I take it to the shop. I was planning on doing a full exhaust on the truck with high-flow cats and everything so I'd might as well replace the O2s while I'm down there.

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
OK, I wanted to give an update. I was doing some searching and I found that the P1345 code relates to the position of the distributor and would require a CMP relearn instead of a crank relearn. Can anyone give me any advice as how I can get this done? Is this something I can do myself or would I need to take it to a shop to get it repaired? Thanks guys!

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the O2s I would Run AC's not bosch
I've used some boschs before and was very disappointed they were so bad that after a month of putting up with it i stoped by the dealer and got some A.C's (which i think are made by denso)

I will post about the relearn after I talk to my dad who works at a GM dealer

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the code P1345 the distributer was not installed exactly the same way when they swapped the motor so what you need to do is find a scan tool that tells you CMP offset and rotate the whole distributer to get the CMP offset as close to zero as possible

Sideways the Seven

It's all Gravy, baby.
Reaction score
For the O2s I would Run AC's not bosch
I've used some boschs before and was very disappointed they were so bad that after a month of putting up with it i stoped by the dealer and got some A.C's (which i think are made by denso)

I will post about the relearn after I talk to my dad who works at a GM dealer

For the code P1345 the distributer was not installed exactly the same way when they swapped the motor so what you need to do is find a scan tool that tells you CMP offset and rotate the whole distributer to get the CMP offset as close to zero as possible

Thanks for the quick reply! I did locate some AC O2s so I'm going to go ahead and get those, but where can I find one of those scanners? Would I be better off taking it to the dealer or would be someone that I could get my hands on readily.