Tranny issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red95K1500

Reaction score
Well my transmission is leaking...

I have a 95 k1500 350 with the 4l60e, I'm right at 162000 miles, and my truck just finished it's 3rd 800+ mile trip this summer with at least 1 more to go... NC to conneticut

Well on the first trip I stopped for fuel and noticed a small drip under the truck and looked and saw it was coming from a small hose/tube from the top of the tranny, I figured it's and overflow for when it gets hot, makes sense cause of the long highway miles so I checked the fluid there and it was in the crossed area on the dipstick with bubbles of fluid right above the crossed section. So I figured it was just gettin hot. Well on the way back up north yesterday I noticed it's dripping more. Enough where I can see it on the crossmembers fuel tank driveshaft and axle, transfer case is also soaked in it. So someone please help me out, also the truck is used for towing a good bit.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks John

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Probably just getting hot and foaming, thus blowing out of the overflow. Does it have an OEM cooler? Mine didn't when I bought it.

Since you're up in the mountains, it's getting hotter than it normally would at lower elevations and flatter terrain. Even with my transmission cooler, I'd see 220 for short periods climbing up I26 into NC from SC running ~65mph in 4th with the TCC unlocked. About the same heading up Sam's Gap in 3rd unlocked. I don't even want to guess how hot it would get without a cooler and dragging a boat.

Red95K1500

Reaction score
It has lines that run from the tranny into the radiator. But other than that no external cooler. So would that be the OEM cooler.

Red95K1500

Reaction score
No I don't have an external cooler, anyone got any suggestions? I really want to get this straightened out before I make the trek back down south to NC.