Tractor Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Im thinking about painting my 95 chevy k1500 next summer. Ive got autobody experience so I can handle the prep work and painting. The truck is currently 2 tone blue, clear pealing everywhere, and a bashed in front fender. I dont want to pay for a brand new respray or do the work for it. So was thinking about using tractor paint and some bedliner. MF gray above the bottom trim, and bedliner below. What does everybody think about this? Anyone have experience with Valspar tractor and implement paint? Thanks.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
It's heavy duty stuff. Used it on implements and such but never a truck. It would be interesting to see though.

Roll on or spray it?

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spraying. Have a gun, and access to a paint booth. Ive been reading a few good success stories with jeeps and yotas, so why not use it on a truck haha. I beat the hell out of it, so want something durable. thought about doing the u pol raptor tintable and going dark blue with it also.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
If you want a good roll on bedliner that's actually the texture of a spray on look at monstaliner. That's what the rockers on mine are getting done with in the next couple of weeks.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking into that now as well. I like the bedliner option as I can keep it dark blue and still do some black on the bottom and bed

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So looks like Im going to go with Monstaliner, going to spray it since Ill be doing a whole truck. Going with outbreak blue above the trim and medium gray below the trim and black in the bed. So thats next summers project.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hope so. Should be interesting, ive done normal full resprays, but never with bedliner. Hopefully it will turn out good.