Torque Pro For Android

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanting to get an idea of what information everyone is watching on the data stream from Torque Pro.

If you don't know what Torque Pro is, and have an Android device and an OBD2 Truck , check out this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque

The blue tooth adapter for obd2 are available on eBay for around 11$ shipped.

Post your truck and device info and a screen shot of what data you watch and why.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for this app in our trucks let us know!

Truck: 1997 GMC k1500 350 Vortec
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android KitKat (4.4)
You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing special on my display. I watch trans temp since I am pulling trailers a lot. Watching fuel economy just for curiosity sake.

Does anyone have the speed multiplier figured out? My speedometer says I am going 10% faster than I really am, so do I punch in 0.9 in the multiplier?

How are you guys mounting your phones in the truck to watch the data? I've been toying with the idea of making a mount where the stock radio is and going head-unit-less. Just need to figure out how to still run an amp and sub using my phone.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was using it for a bit to monitor the transmission temp. I stopped after a few months because it was a bear to keep my old Android phone connected reliably. I'm using a Scangauge II now.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I'm still working on getting everything going 1996 K1500 Suburban. 1st bluetooth adapter didn't work for me. I received a replacement adapter and I'm experiencing the same thing. Torque Pro shows connection to the adapter, but never communicates with the ECU. I'm wondering if maybe Torque Pro and my phone don't play well together.

I was using it for a bit to monitor the transmission temp. I stopped after a few months because it was a bear to keep my old Android phone connected reliably. I'm using a Scangauge II now.

What year is your truck?

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still working on getting everything going 1996 K1500 Suburban. 1st bluetooth adapter didn't work for me. I received a replacement adapter and I'm experiencing the same thing. Torque Pro shows connection to the adapter, but never communicates with the ECU. I'm wondering if maybe Torque Pro and my phone don't play well together.

What year is your truck?

'99 GMC Yukon

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty basic. I don't use it much. Only when I'm curious. Once I figure out a good mount for my tablet (this is on my phone now) I will use it more.

2001 Silverado
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't mind the kilometer per hour on the speed gauge. It switches to mph when I am connected to the truck (not sure why it does this)

Edit: I thought I was on a different forum, so this obviously isn't on a gmt400. But it's still the same concept.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I have used this app and it is nice for live data. But using it for checking and clearing the check engine lamp is way more involved than my Innovia 3120 scanner. But my 3120 does not have live data.

Also there is a warning about using it on some of the newer cars on the market, seems the cheaper blue tooth adapter (not the Torque program) could fry the PCM

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
It's a great app, had it for a year or so. Use it on my 97 occasionally, and use it tons on other people's rides. I carry a Bluetooth adapter in both my trucks.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't think I would be able to read the trans temp on my truck. Interesting. I've been using torque pro for a bit and it's come in handy a few times when diagnosing some cruise control issues on my old civic.

Has anyone heard of "Better" bluetooth adapters than the ELM 327?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Don't mean to be argumentative, but that is exactly the same ELM327 adapter that everyone else sells but marked up slightly in price. I own everything from a $100 PLX Kiwi to a $12 generic ELM327 and there is literally no difference between them in function. No read speed differences or anything. The only nice things about the more expensive adapters are that they usually have a cable for remote mounting and a switch to prevent any battery drain.