Tires for Rough Country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't trust retreads but Treadwright tires usually get pretty good reviews and are cheap compered to anything else. They have 3 different tread patterns in 285/70R17. One is a copy of a BFG all terrain, another is a copy of a Goodyear wrangler MT. When it comes time for me to get new tires I will probably be getting a set of Gaurd Dogs in the 35" flavor
https://treadwright.com/c-22-285-70r17.aspx

I think I will go with the Guard Dog M/T but I noticed one allowed for 65 psi and the other 80 psi. Which one is better?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Would I need the 12mm or 14mm? I know the 12mm was from 1997-2000 and the 14 was from 2000-2003.

You should probably get the adapters first then see what lugnuts you need to get.

I think I will go with the Guard Dog M/T but I noticed one allowed for 65 psi and the other 80 psi. Which one is better?

You is a D load range and the other is E. since its a half ton go with the D. Unless you tow alot get the E. the E's may last longer on your truck tho but they will be a little stiffer. And if you get the gaurd dogs tell them to put them on Goodyear mtr carcasas cause that's what the tread pattern is from.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You is a D load range and the other is E. since its a half ton go with the D. Unless you tow alot get the E. the E's may last longer on your truck tho but they will be a little stiffer. And if you get the gaurd dogs tell them to put them on Goodyear mtr carcasas cause that's what the tread pattern is from.

I'm pretty sure they put them on the carcases they have available in the correct size... they probably don't take requests. lol

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they put them on the carcases they have available in the correct size... they probably don't take requests. lol

Yeh they do. It mayb faster to get them on whatever they have but I know you can request what u want.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I read it on the treadwrite thead on here. But that thread is very long n I don't feel like hunting it down. Lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
While I have a thread for rough country, do I need longer brake lines or brake line extensions for this lift?