timing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got my new chip over the weekend from tbichips.com threw it in there and i can't get the timing right...i had it right last night and it was driving perfectly fine. this morning i got in it and bam back to the wallop and not a smooth idle in gear...i just can't think of why it would do that work perfect then just change

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am sure you did, but did you unplug your est connector before setting the timing?

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you got a picture of where thats located? cause i herd something about it and i was thinking on the distributor itself so i tried all of those and couldn't get it started. so pull that time it to 0 then it should correct?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
do you got a picture of where thats located? cause i herd something about it and i was thinking on the distributor itself so i tried all of those and couldn't get it started. so pull that time it to 0 then it should correct?

It is a little single brown wire with a black plug.

and yes, thats what u gotta do.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On your 95 it's underneath the glove box near the blower motor, and yes it's tan with a black stripe. First get the truck up to normal temp, then shut it off and unplug the est, then restart and set timing to zero, then shut off and reconnect est wire and your done. Also while the connector is unplugged your service engine soon light will come on that is normal, it will go off when you plug the connector back in.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
On your 95 it's underneath the glove box near the blower motor, and yes it's tan with a black stripe. First get the truck up to normal temp, then shut it off and unplug the est, then restart and set timing to zero, then shut off and reconnect est wire and your done. Also while the connector is unplugged your service engine soon light will come on that is normal, it will go off when you plug the connector back in.

x2.

i can get a pic of it on my 1994 but i have no 1995 too show you, but its in same spot.

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright thanks guys! i'll be doing that this after noon. probably why my fuel economy was always so bad didn't know how to time it right :p

miles5241

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh another quick question will the computer compensate for my cam then? or should i time it to it runs good with out the est plugged in?