Timing chain - slop and dots question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started the truck up today for the first time since my last post. The new timing chain is apparently doing its job, and timing isnt bouncing all over the place. I still have tuning to due because of the TPI swap (it runs rich still), but after running for about 5 mins to get to closed loop, i turned the truck off and looked underneath. there was 1 drop of oil on the floor. So i guess I didnt RTV it enough, and should have known to drop the pan a little before taking the cover off first.. And I dont want to take it all apart again, especially if its already leaking a little at the back of the pan. So i suppose the entire gasket will have to be replaced. Does anyone know the labor in doing this? What needs to come apart, etc. It looks like the flywheel dust cover, or whatever you want to call it, needs to come out. And for that to come out, the Y-pipe as well.