Throttle body leaking fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
I installed a procharger and extra fuel pump to get fuel pressure up to 50psi. And my throttle body leaks fuel where the shaft goes into throttle body to open flanges . Any help would be great? I've replaced the throttle body once cuz I warped it doing tbi mods. It's a 93 Chevy 5.7 around 175k miles I think motor didn't come in truck

Also truck I won't idle either unless I press the gas pedal to keep it idling, also won't start in less I give a lot of gas

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
wow, a lot going on in a short post. First of all, why are you running 50psi? TBI's aren't designed to go up to 50psi, if your doing that to make the procharger run right then you should set it up differently. And how do you warp a TBI doing mods to it?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm confused as well.....

If your running a procharger then you need a tune......period. not 50psi of fuel pressure.

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
wow, a lot going on in a short post. First of all, why are you running 50psi? TBI's aren't designed to go up to 50psi, if your doing that to make the procharger run right then you should set it up differently. And how do you warp a TBI doing mods to it?

The ProcHarger kit says it needs 50psi of fuel , the kit came with a external pump to run with stock pump. Also I got it all running but I'm only at around 20psi of fuel pressure right now. My injector pod holder was leaking alot of fuel so it was flooding the motor. I think I warped it with my grinder getting it too hot. But got a stock one for 50$ at pick n pull

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
I'm confused as well.....

If your running a procharger then you need a tune......period. not 50psi of fuel pressure.

I'm sure it will need a tune eventually. The kit says it needs 50 to 65 psi of fuel pressure is the only reason I'm thinking that. Now that I'm at around 15-20 psi it runs idles fine, just drove around the block.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure it will need a tune eventually. The kit says it needs 50 to 65 psi of fuel pressure is the only reason I'm thinking that. Now that I'm at around 15-20 psi it runs idles fine, just drove around the block.
The stock tbi was designed to run around 13psi. What is more important is the correct volume of fuel getting into the intake and that cannot be done properly without a tune and probably a different set of injectors. If you drive it too hard in its current state there is a possibility of it leaning out in a bad way and melting a piston. I would get a tune on it or at least a a/f ratio gauge and progressive fuel pressure regulator so you can "tune" it yourself.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The 50-65psi fuel pressure is a general rule for boost, added intake pressure means you need added fuel pressure for the injectors to have good spray pattern. Cars with port injection can get away with this since those injectors are designed to run at higher pressure. But a TBI isn't like said before, are designed to run around 13psi, you can bump it up a couple psi if running an open exhaust or other mild add-ons (15-17psi max). A pro-charger is NOT a mild add on that you can self-tune with just fuel pressure. I don't have an answer for you because you have a lot going on and I dont have experience with pro-charger setup and tuning. So my advice is to do a lot of research, call the company ask the pro's for advice, ask other pro-charger forums, find local shops who specialize in speed upgrades, etc. You will probably have to get a new manifold with port-injection and injectors that are designed for 65psi. Either way what you have going on now will not work.