The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Euphoria717

Reaction score
ok, here is my dumb question, I have a c2500 with a basic non-split bench seat, what are my options to replace it?, id like something with a center console or at least an armrest.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A guy locally here to me is selling these seats here for 80 bucks. they came out of a 88-91 dually somewhere in there.. extended cab. I am asking to make sure even though I think they are... the floor pans on a dually are the same as any 88-98 correct? thinking this is a heck of a deal on these even though they are a little dirty.
You must be registered for see images attach

Should bolt right in!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
ok, here is my dumb question, I have a c2500 with a basic non-split bench seat, what are my options to replace it?, id like something with a center console or at least an armrest.

'88-'91's came with a bench that has a small flip down armrest. This is a real early production model. No headrests. Later ones had 'em

Some of the crew cabs had a back bench seat that could seat three, but the center backrest flipped down to become an armrest for when there is only two passesngers. Usually bolted to risers with no tracks. Take those risers off, & bolt up the tracks off the seats that you have now, along with the tracks, & it makes a great front seat. The outer backrests on that seat, flip forward like the buckets.
Sorry, no pix, but I know where one is. I might go pick it up. It's perfect, other than being soaking wet. The price of $100.00 is a pretty good deal.

Cooter

Reaction score
Are the clusters from 88-98 the same for connecting? My odo gave out in my 88, and the gf's dad has a 94 sitting behind the grain bins.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
89 had moonie style the 94 would be a needle you can use it but you have to change the pulg and maybe the drac

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this has been answered before.. I ended up buying a 40/60 bench seat that came out of an ext cab. Bought it for my regular cab and the 60 part of the seat sits up on the tranny tunnel and makes the seat all lopsided.. Can you not use seats from an ext in a regular?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
A guy locally here to me is selling these seats here for 80 bucks. they came out of a 88-91 dually somewhere in there.. extended cab. I am asking to make sure even though I think they are... the floor pans on a dually are the same as any 88-98 correct? thinking this is a heck of a deal on these even though they are a little dirty.

Should bolt right in!

'88-'91's came with a bench that has a small flip down armrest. This is a real early production model. No headrests. Later ones had 'em

Some of the crew cabs had a back bench seat that could seat three, but the center backrest flipped down to become an armrest for when there is only two passesngers. Usually bolted to risers with no tracks. Take those risers off, & bolt up the tracks off the seats that you have now, along with the tracks, & it makes a great front seat. The outer backrests on that seat, flip forward like the buckets.
Sorry, no pix, but I know where one is. I might go pick it up. It's perfect, other than being soaking wet. The price of $100.00 is a pretty good deal.

You do realize he asked about 88-91 dually seats compared to 88-98 trucks...88-91 dually's are not GMT400's. They may still bolt up, just didn't know if that was taken into account.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You do realize he asked about 88-91 dually seats compared to 88-98 trucks...88-91 dually's are not GMT400's. They may still bolt up, just didn't know if that was taken into account.

No. He said the dually was an extended cab. That is a GMT-400. Only the '88-'91 crew cabs kept the square bodystyle.