The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much would it probably run me to have my '93 cloth reupholstered with leather? Surely a few people here have done this

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much would it probably run me to have my '93 cloth reupholstered with leather? Surely a few people here have done this

If you have a good shop do it? A lot. I had all the leather replaced (and a little cushion work) on the drivers seat only in my Suburban, cost me around $350.

EDIT - Guess it would depend heavily on what size cab you have. Std. cab with buckets you could probably get done for $800 or so depending on how good of shape the seats are in, at least around here. Ext. cab I honestly have no idea, not sure what it costs to reupholster a bench vs a bucket.

Paging Al! (sewlow)

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My ears are burning! Lol!
A bench uses around the same or a bit more material but less labor, so a bench would work out to about $100-$150 less than a single bucket. At least in my shop.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that was quick! :)

I was second guessing myself a little on that price I posted earlier, thought it sounded a little low. Went and dug out the paperwork and I was right, actually came out to around $410 for my driver's seat.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since this is the place for stupid questions how about this ? I have a 1991 Silverado regular cab. Both door panels seem to be loose when you pull them closed by the armrest. The screws that go down inside the "finger notches" that hold it to the stamped bracket are tight. I looked thru the Haynes manual and the LMC catalog but I don't see anything that holds the door panel solid against the door. I wanted to order whatever I might need before I take the door panels off. I don't mind taking them off but I don't want to take them off, find out what I need to order, put them back on and have to take them off and on again when the parts get here. I appreciate any ideas you have. Thanks

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is plastic pins. They attach to the door panel then push into the door. I usually buy them from the dealership for like .50 each. But you could get them from Napa too. Good luck

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Since this is the place for stupid questions how about this ? I have a 1991 Silverado regular cab. Both door panels seem to be loose when you pull them closed by the armrest. The screws that go down inside the "finger notches" that hold it to the stamped bracket are tight. I looked thru the Haynes manual and the LMC catalog but I don't see anything that holds the door panel solid against the door. I wanted to order whatever I might need before I take the door panels off. I don't mind taking them off but I don't want to take them off, find out what I need to order, put them back on and have to take them off and on again when the parts get here. I appreciate any ideas you have. Thanks
I got a 50 pack on amazon for like $10

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My high beam switched won' "click" when pulled toward me. Running 4hi mod with 6k 55watt all around. I have to hold the lever in place for the high beams to stay on. Causing all kinds or weird light combos and even completely shutting them off. What's happened here? How might I fix it? 1993 interior/dash