The reasons craigslist sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
People are stupid i sell a lot of stuff on craigslist and i wish i had recored all of the retarded offers and questions i just asked hell i got offered 10k baseball cards for my 97 the other day lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I've done the price-raising negotiation too; I love that. :D

Richard

:lol: i haven't done it yet, but im pretty sure I am going too.

EDIT: I just sent him an email "Tell ya what, Just for you, $350."

I cant stand these people on cl... If you do not have my asking price, in cash, sitting in front of you when you reply to my ad, I don't want to hear from you. Nothing against a little negotiation or a decent trade offer, but these folks that are broke hoping im gonna sell my stuff cheap because they have some sob story get under my skin.
It is one thing to make an offer, another to be down right insulting! When i bought my '93 a couple weeks back, the guy had it listed for $700, I wanted to pay $600, but i brought $700 with me, $600 in my right pocket, $100 in my other. Asked the guy nicely if he would consider $600, he said no problem.

But i would have paid the asking price the whole time and I HAD THE MONEY!

What i find worse is these facebook Buy/Sell groups, i have actually gone to meet people and they don't show, or you get to the point to ask when the wanna see the item and they dont have cash for a couple weeks.

to me, if you dont have the money they are asking, don't bother them!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
People are stupid i sell a lot of stuff on craigslist and i wish i had recored all of the retarded offers and questions i just asked hell i got offered 10k baseball cards for my 97 the other day lol
I got offered a $4000 gaming computer for my '96, and $6000 of vending machines for my '94. :lol:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
:lol: i haven't done it yet, but im pretty sure I am going too.

EDIT: I just sent him an email "Tell ya what, Just for you, $350."

It is one thing to make an offer, another to be down right insulting! When i bought my '93 a couple weeks back, the guy had it listed for $700, I wanted to pay $600, but i brought $700 with me, $600 in my right pocket, $100 in my other. Asked the guy nicely if he would consider $600, he said no problem.

But i would have paid the asking price the whole time and I HAD THE MONEY!

What i find worse is these facebook Buy/Sell groups, i have actually gone to meet people and they don't show, or you get to the point to ask when the wanna see the item and they dont have cash for a couple weeks.

to me, if you dont have the money they are asking, don't bother them!
I do this same thing! If i go to buy a vehicle i put 500 in my pocket and the rest in my wallet haha
I got offered a $4000 gaming computer for my '96, and $6000 of vending machines for my '94. :lol:

The vending machines mighta been cool honestly lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I do this same thing! If i go to buy a vehicle i put 500 in my pocket and the rest in my wallet haha

The vending machines mighta been cool honestly lol
Yea, but they were for some weird drink i have never even heard of, dude was even going to include "Thousands in stock", in other words he was trying to pawn off his failed business venture.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yea, but they were for some weird drink i have never even heard of, dude was even going to include "Thousands in stock", in other words he was trying to pawn off his failed business venture.

Haha oh

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Good to know it doesn't just happen to me. People suck.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had really good luck with Craigslist actually....no scammers or anything. I did have one guy send me a nasty email when I was trying to sell my 400. Saying it was a POS and I should stop posting it....I'd refresh the post every 3 weeks, so he obviously had nothing better to do.

Although there was one time before I even bought my 400. I was looking at everything trucks, Mustangs, Camaros, 240sx's, Cobalts. You name it. I saw an ad posted 10 minutes prior to me seeing it. A 1990 Ford Mustang fox body with a 5.0 for $2,500 and I had about $3,500 cash. So I called the guy immediately asking if the car was still for sale. I got "No, the car sold yesterday." I then ask why he relisted the ad the day after the car was sold and was told "I'm not sure actually." So I just hung up the phone and that was that.

I've had good buying and selling experiences though, all of which were done in a busy public area for safety reasons.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've had really good luck with Craigslist actually....no scammers or anything. I did have one guy send me a nasty email when I was trying to sell my 400. Saying it was a POS and I should stop posting it....I'd refresh the post every 3 weeks, so he obviously had nothing better to do.

Although there was one time before I even bought my 400. I was looking at everything trucks, Mustangs, Camaros, 240sx's, Cobalts. You name it. I saw an ad posted 10 minutes prior to me seeing it. A 1990 Ford Mustang fox body with a 5.0 for $2,500 and I had about $3,500 cash. So I called the guy immediately asking if the car was still for sale. I got "No, the car sold yesterday." I then ask why he relisted the ad the day after the car was sold and was told "I'm not sure actually." So I just hung up the phone and that was that.

I've had good buying and selling experiences though, all of which were done in a busy public area for safety reasons.

I get at least 3 spams on every post when you repost 10 or more items a week it ads up idk how u dont get spam haha