the 95 chev silverado k1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eouellet95

Reaction score
okay so I bought a 1995 Chevrolet Silverado for 700 bucks in fall of 2011 and it had 230,000 km and needed rockers , cab corners , e-brake and gas tank straps for safety. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me. This was how she looked.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then since I didn't do any work on it until the spring I almost had a heart attack when the first time I started it up after thewinter it was pouring oil out the bottom. I immediately checked it out and thankfully it was only a oil cooler line and was a not bad fix. I did all the body work and some custom painting to get it safetied and then she looked like this.

Then I replaced some parts as needed such as both front wheel bearings , pitman arm , gas tank , y pipe , brakes all around and a new drag link. I also got some new parts such as
285/75/16 bfg mud terrains on dspoke rims
k and n cold air filter
homemade backrack
bush bar
kc fog lights
box liner
new headlights and taillights (6000k HID low beams) (8000k high beams)

I have been trying to add a couple better recent pictures but it doesn't seem too be letting me , thanks for looking.
I have a 3 inch performance accessories body lift sitting in my shop that is waiting to be put in also. And I usually have my boat rack on with my boat on top which makes it look tougher in my opinion. Give me some feedback

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
You can't go wrong buying a 4x4 for 700 bucks that runs and drives. Looks a lot beefier with the new tires/wheels. My advice would be to hold off on the body lift and save up for a suspension lift.