th350 to np241 question on fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I got an 88 k1500 that had a 700r4 and 241c I think t-case, and now it's got a th350 and the same 241 t-case, thing is I know t-case has a fill plug on the back of it, and I filled it with trans. fluid when I put it all together, and filled the trans. Well I decided to check the t-case fluid the other day and when I pulled the fill plug it came pouring out, had to hurry up ad put it back in.

The truck is in the same place and all as far as being level.

Should it do this? is it dumping from the trans into the t-case? and if so is it gonna hurt? or maybe I had the trans. over full and it came in that way? Should I drain it, by removing the fill plug and let it drain until it stops coming out then check the trans. leave it alone and drive a few days and recheck? or leave it as is. I don't want to mess up anything or blow seals out or something.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
They don't share fluid. You probably filled it or opened it on a non-level surface.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ummm no that's what I just said it was in the same spot when I filled it as it is now and it's overfilled now. I filled it with a bottle last time so I know it couldn't get over filled.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ummmm open the drain plug and let it drain until it barely drips out and when you reach in with your pinky its right under the hole

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you mean the fill plug, the drain plug would drain it all. See when I filled it up I filled it thru the fill hole until it ran out, then stopped and put the plug in it.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea let it drain until its just below the fill plug level then check your tranny fluid