Temperature Variations 160-195

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireball 440

Reaction score
The cap is not the problem. Last week I put a brand new 16 lb cap on mine and it's still doing it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I know you have already changed the thermostat, but I have had to replace 5 or 6 cheap thermostat's for this exact reason, just recently when I purchased my CC dually it was doing the same thing your describing heating up and cooling down over and over again never would settle in to one temp, I knew what it was so I went to my local part's store and bought a Gates green stipe, it's a good stainless thermostat, it's the only thermostat I will use. When I took the old thermostat out sure enough it was a damn Murray, put the new Gates in problem solved it runs perfect, no more temp fluctuation like before. Also I just helped a friend out with a motor swap recently and he bought a Murray also sure enough same problem, so he went and bought a gates and problem solved. It may not be your problem, but anyway that's my 2 cents.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. I pretty much gave up on fixing it due to lack of money.

Where did you get the gates tstat at?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975