tcc solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im having trouble with this trans also dumping into o/d at lower speeds, like it wont hold third or 4th. i always thought it was because the tires so big with 4.88's is confusing the ecu and the sensor at the trans output shaft, but i might throw a 3-2 solenoid in there while im at it!

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
honestly id replace all the electronics while your at it, if you go to my thread in the transmission section on one of the pages i posted alot of good part deals, the name of the thread is answer to all your 4l60e problem or something like that, its sticky, but you can get the entire electronic setups in the pan for around $130

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i replaced the tcc solenoid put the pan back on and put 5 qts in

if i put it into gear, it dies, if i put it into reverse, it kinda idles down but it stays running.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fluid was browner than red, not complete trash though.

no codes, truck has a brand new 5.7 crate. BRAND NEW. 50 miles on it.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the torque converters trashed

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well right now its not doing anything because unless im in neutral or park it will die, it suffers to run but stays running in R

before this it had some other issues that I attribute to having 4.88 gears and 35 tires, not calibrated.

im looking for a new trans/converter combo. but im not buying anything less than a good built one

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
id try one thing at a time and go from there because you dont wannt have to replace your whole tranny and it of only been the torque converter, i personally think that the best converters for the price are the ones at monster transmission, i have a 2000 stall rated up to 550 foot pounds of torque and i think i only paid somewhere around $225 for it, but you should check out their transmissions too