Tail light problems! Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Patience grasshopper! I'd go to an electronics supply shop, and get some spray electrical contact cleaner Spray the plugs in the wiring harness to the rear of the truck. You might have to work the plugs in and out for a few times to help with the cleaning.

Next, make sure the bulbs are good, then use the spray to clean the contacts in the bulb sockets, and put it all back together. If this started because of the work done during the paint job, it may clear it up.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hazards on that year truck are designed to work even if the grounds towards the rear of the truck are having issues (someone can explain this much better than I can)

I bet you that the ground located on the driver side frame rail near your rear bumper is either corroded or pinched.
The passenger side tail light harness comes down and across the inner lip of your bed, follow it to the main connection with the harness inside of the driver side frame rail.

Once you find that use the advise above and use a test light to see whats going on.